Friday, February 7, 2014

I like who we are when we are around us.

It's crazy to me, to think that one day I will get married (assumed). And that one day, I am going to trust this one single person with absolutely everything. Things like locking the doors at night. My social security card. Carrying the potatoes when we go to my parents.

I'm going to get married and he's going to learn about my strange habits like eating chocolate before bed, always double knotting my shoe laces. And he's going to assure me that I really am not that weird, and double knotting my shoe laces is smart because maybe I won't trip over them so much. Or eating chocolate before bed could give us a black baby and we'd watch him in the NBA.

Or better yet, there won't be any reassuring to be said. I will just know because that just is and we just are.




Diamond Fangs,
Miss Carter

4 comments:

  1. I really liked this it was beautiful and introspective. I think I've decided that I like your writing; it's honest and relatable and simple, I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed at the chocolate thing and the black baby, so sorry if that had a deep personal meaning. But this was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is beauty in simplicity and this was simple and so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Or eating chocolate before bed could give us a black baby and we'd watch him in the MBA."
    Weirdly inspired, but I can't even begin to tell you how much I love this.

    ReplyDelete